Revisions and Updates to the 21things4students for 2016-17:
Recently revised ISTE Standards for Students have been released (June 2016). These are now updated on the pages and a cross-alignment document is available in the 21t4s Teacher Resources Moodle site.
CHANGES are live as we are making additions
The following items are yet to be completed:
Cloud Initiation new Gold Quest for Classroom Collaboration (late October draft version)
Adding 10 STEAM/STEM specific Gold Quests (during 2016-17)
Adding 10+ Elementary level Quests (during 2016-17). The first K-5 resources will be ready for piloting by January 2017.
All 'Things' targeted for some content revisions or updates are completed:
1. Basics, 2. Visual Learning, 3. Cloud Initiation, 5. Digital Footprint, 10. Digital Images, 15. Hands-on-line, 16. Career Prep, and 19. Buyer Beware
Revision or updates completed as of September 7, 2016:
9/7/2016 A Blackboard version is available, and an example of a Google Apps for Education (GAFE) course is also provided in the 21t4s Teacher Resource Moodle site.
9/5/2016 Quizlet demo added to the Basics Start Here page
9/2/2016 Updates made to the Basics Q1 Navigation page based on TechBoot Camp teacher feedback
8/28/2016 21t4s Moodle Course available as a zipped file in the Teacher Resources Moodle Site
8/28/2016 Replaced "Game of Life" activity in Career Prep
8/09/2016 Syllabus completed
8/08/2016 Teacher Handbook Revised
8/07/2016 Cloud Initiation and Career Prep updated
8/07/2016 ProProfs Quiz answer list updated in Teacher Moodle site
7/27/2016 In Digital Storytelling SoundCloud has been replaced with the web application Vocaroo and has a new tutorial video
7/25/2016 Thing 6, Cyber Safety Quest 5 has been replaced and renamed to ID Security. This Quest takes them to the FTC virtual mall to explore security issues.
- Fix the quizzes where errors were reported
- Simplify the content or improve directions where possible
- Update or revise the content for 8 of the 'Things' based on feedback
- Add more 'game' or interactive features where possible
- Add Vocabulary Quizlet sets to each "Thing"
7/18/2017 Introducing the use of "Expanding and Collapsing" content boxes to simplify long pages.
Added a new Teacher Registration page and condensed the Start page
6/27/2016 In Digital Storytelling the audio recording with SoundCloud has been replaced with the web application Vocaroo and has a new tutorial video.
6/24/2016 Buyer Beware, Digital Footprint, Digital Images, Hands-on-line and Visual Learning Quests are updated, teacher guides and student checklists in process of updates
6/23/2016 Quizlet Study Guides added to each Quest
6/20/2016 In process: Cloud Initiation, Basics Q4 on, new on.soundcoud tutorials for Multimedia
6/20/2016 Digital Images is refreshed, Career Prep is refreshed, Multimedia audio on.soundcloud, NS Teens Website Warrior game added to Troubleshooting Q3.
6/8/2016 Chromebook tutorials and videos added to Basics Q2 and Q4 for screenshots and browser shortcuts
6/8/2016 Added a new Browser Gymnastics Page for 1.Q4 to house the videos for Q4
6/7/2016 Added a new Microsoft Edge video to Basics Q4
6/6/2016 Updated the Teacher Registration survey, changed the Moodle Teacher Resource password.
5/25-5/27 Updated Basics content, new Intro video, replaced Browser shortcuts chart to add Edge
5/11/2016 Added an interactive Career Cluster form to Q3 in Careers.
5/9/2016 Added to Thing 2 Visual Learning,Q1 Fire Rescue is a bonus and optional activity for students to create their own superhero .
- New MeL video replaced older one for Michigan Library
- New Mobile device issue report link/image added to each Quest page. This is to help us better accommodate users of mobile devices in case a different tutorial or app is needed. If you are using a device and the activity or something about the Quest doesn't work, please let us know for our revisions.
- Stats: Since August the 21t4s site has had over 2.5 Million views, with over 154,000 users (98% in the US) with users from over 141 different countries around the globe! The average page viewing time is 9.8 minutes. The videos have also had over 2.2 Million views.
Close captioning for videos is completed. We cannot add CC for YouTube, SchoolTube or other videos that we link to, only our the ones we have created.
We have added a new feature, the 21t4s Teacher Handbook, available on the Teacher Start Page .
21things4students listserv for teacher support is active.