Q1 Land of Prezi
*Use your Mouse to click through the Presentation! Note this does not display on iOS devices at this time except through the Prezi player app.
We bet that you have been using PowerPoint to create your presentations since your were in elementary school.
Do you want to learn how to present in a different and unique way? Prezi will allow you to present in a non-linear fashion. What does that mean? It means you choose where to start in your presentation and you can zoom in and out while presenting.
Lockbox: a location where you can save your different usernames and passwords (e.g., spreadsheet, word processing file, Google Doc/Drive, etc.)
Non-linear: not arranged in a straight line
1. Go to prezi.com
Create a Prezi account: Steps 2-5
2. Bookmark the homepage of Prezi in Diigo or other online bookmarking tool.
3. Click on the Explore tab and search for a topic that interests you (example: sports or fashion). Check out a few of the Prezis available on your topic to see how Prezi was used to present this idea.
4. Find a science topic using the search box. What did you find?
5. Now create a Prezi account. You will be signing up for an educational account if you have school email. Check with your teacher to see what they recommend. Follow these steps for creating a Prezi account.
Create and Share: Step 6
6. The two videos, "Build your Prezi", parts 1 & 2, are a general tutorial to using Prezi. Although Prezi updates features regularly, these videos can still act as a guide for building your first Prezi.
If you are able to view YouTube videos, go to the Prezi Learn and Support tab. View the Simple Steps to a great prezi presentation on that page.
Prezi Tutorial #1
Prezi Tutorial #2 - how to share your Prezi
7. Here is a Prezi on 10 Ways To Say It With Prezi
8. If you need help getting started with Prezi this is an additional resource
Completing this Quest
Make sure your Prezi account is ready to be put to use in Quest 2, Powerful Prezis.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s Roadmap
I am ready to tackle Quest 2 - Powerful Prezis
Schooltube video resources:
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. Use Technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
2. Digital Citizen
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
6. Creative Communicator
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.