Q6 Six Clicks
6.Q6 Script for the animated video below
In this Quest you will view some videos to help you think through how much information can be found out online and privacy. How much information could be found out about you in six clicks? Watch these videos closely; have you left any personal identifiers on the net? In the Digital Footprint section we began to explore your presence. In this Quest you will look at what might be posted through connections to others that are online.
Personal identifiers: personal information about yourself that others can use without your consent or knowledge to steal your identity
Dossier: a collection of documents about a particular person, event, or subject
1. Watch this resource on SchoolTube "Internet Safety: Do You Really Have a Private Life Online" . It will open in this window, however you can right-click on the hyperlink and select to open it in a new window. Check with your teacher on the preferred way to open linked information.
2. Click on this link to view a (flash-based video) "6 Degrees of Information". It will open in a new window which you will need to close to return here.
3. Do you know the risks of posting inappropriate pictures, videos, or messages about yourself online? Next watch this video (flash-based) "Two Kinds of Stupid".
4. Watch this video about digital dossier (YouTube video), and then watch what happens to a recent graduate as he interviews for a job.
5. Share what you have learned from this Quest by using the this pdf fileor Microsoft Worddocument, and create your own personal Cyber Shield, explaining what steps you can take to protect yourself in the Digital World.
Completing this Quest
Save the file into your File Space and submit it as instructed by your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
ISTE and Common Core Standards
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.