Q3 Blended Media
This is to create a multimedia story with "Blended Media"
1. The two applications featured here let you combine different media elements (audio, video, linked webpages, text). Check with your teacher to see if these applications are available for your use on the network and computing device you are using.
BlendSpace (requires an account or teacher classroom account). Tutorials are available on their site.
2. Sway by Microsoft (Mac or Windows, Android, Chromebook, iPad)
Microsoft account required. Sway is a free multimedia creation resource
It is fairly easy-to-use to create content and stories to share or embed. Pre-designed layouts, designs and a storyline help you quickly create your content. Add videos, images, hyperlinks and text.
Watch this demo by a 5th grade student. (https://www.youtube.com/embed/YGr9dSscVkY)
Here are a few more examples:
3. Complete your multimedia PSA and have another group watch it to provide feedback, referring to the rubric as they watch it.
4. Discuss the feedback in your group and make any modifications or improvements as needed.
5. Collaborate with your partner or group and prepare a 2-3 paragraph reflection on:
something you each learned from this activity
3 tips you would give to another group beginning to work on this project
how can you use this type of application in the future or for other classes
6. Check with your teacher on how to turn in your project and reflection
Completing this Quest
You have completed and turned in your multimedia PSA assignment.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s Roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Congratulations! Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
3. Knowledge Constructos
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
b. evaluate the accuracy, perspective, credibility and relevance of information, media, data, or other resources
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.5 Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.6 Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.