Gold PSA Quest - Create a cartoon or infographic
I Can Statement
- work collaboratively with a partner or small group to share ideas and come to concensus on a planning process for a cartoon or infographic product.
- create a PSA Message that conveys a message and motivates others.
Planning a Digital PSA Story
There are many types of stories and a lot of great online tools for creating them. This Quest focuses on a public service announcement (PSA) that tells a short story. Your story should tell a message and be a call to action to motivate others. Did the example videos you have watched catch your attention?
In the first part of this Gold Quest you selected a topic.
Now it's time to plan it out and create one using an infographic or cartoon.
You can revisit different media choices in Thing 17, Creative Communications after you complete these planning steps.
Some requirements to remember (or as modified by your teacher)
- Take a position with a message (such as don't give your password to a friend, be careful what information you put in a chat room, don't be intimidated by bullying texts...)
- Deliver ONE core message that is convincing (supported with facts, images, examples...)
- Catch the attention of your intended audience with a clear message
- Create a slogan that is memorable and stands out, easy to remember, or uses an image that catches attention
1. Check with your teacher about working with a partner or in a small group.
3. Select an appropriate web application to use for your PSA, and check with your teacher before you start. These do not require any special equipment!
- Cartoon PSA option:
Explore and create your draft PSA using a cartoon application.
4. When done, review it with the PSA rubric, and turn it in as directed by your teacher.
Extension activity: Use your skills to create a multimedia version of your PSA.