Q2 Image Capture
Direct link to the Secrets of Screenshot video file , that will let you view it full screen.
You can pause the videos while you try the techniques demonstrated. When you are done viewing the screenshot demos, try it out at least three times to save the technique to your own memory cells! When done, return to Quest #2 for your next instructions.
This activity will help you learn to do two different types of screenshots, sometimes called screen captures. Directions are provided for Chromebooks, iPads, Macintosh and Windows PC computing devices.
Copy: to move files, folders and selected text to another location
Paste: to insert copied information into a new location
Upload: to transfer an image, document, or file, from your computer to a website
Screenshot: an image taken to record open items on your computer screen
Before you start this Quest, please check with your teacher on the type of document to use when you paste your screenshot (word processing, Google document, or other), and where to save it when you are done.
1. Watch the applicable screenshot tips section below by expanding the content box using the + symbol.
2. Practice the screenshot skills by doing a screenshot of this page or an alternate your teacher suggests.
3. Paste your screenshot image into a document (such as Word, Pages, Google docs, or add to your blog).
4. Save your Basic Screenshot document as evidence. Remember to name your file so it can be shared with your teacher.
Chromebook Keyboard and Screenshot tips
This demo contains the step-by-step directions to accompany the video. Learn to discover how to locate keyboard shortcuts, take a screenshot of your entire screen or just part of your screen.
- Step-by-step directions
- Direct link to Chromebook Demo video shown below (recorded using the Screencastify Chrome Extension )
- Closecaption transcript of the video.pdf
iPad Screenshot Tips
To do a screenshot with your iPad, just press and hold the power key and home button quickly and the image will be saved in your photo file.
Mac Screenshot Tips
Windows Screenshot Tips
Completing this Quest:
When you have completed this Quest, consult with your teacher for a location to securely save your files, post (upload) them online, or to a digital portfolio.
Remember to check this Quest off on your 21t4s Roadmap when you have completed it
Continue to Quest 3 Shortcuts
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
c. Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies